Hi there, hey, hello!
We are Tibber, the energy company that wants you to use less energy. Whaaat? That’s right. We’ll get back to that. Yes, we are by definition an energy company, but we’re more techy than most. How and why you might ask. Well, a third of our employees are actually working on developing products and solutions that can help you use energy in a smarter way. Our main goal is to empower people, and to reduce the amount of energy being used unnecessarily all around the globe – with the help of cool fancy tech. Good for our customers, their wallets, and the planet. To be able to provide our customers with the solutions and technology needed to achieve this, we created Tibber Store and built a team around e-commerce, supply chain and marketing.
Our growth rate has been truly amazing, and still, we’re just getting started. With hundreds of thousands of controllable and smart devices connected to the Tibber platform sold and delivered by Tibber Store in four markets, we see a bright future ahead and now want to grow the team even more.
We’re now looking for a category buyer! Could you be the next adventurer to join our team?
We are looking for a commercial oriented buyer with an ambitious and entrepreneurial attitude to join our purchasing team. As a part of the Tibber Store and purchase team you will be responsible for project and commodity sourcing in your own categories. You will focus on sourcing hardware as well as demand planning and supplier development. The categories are among smart home and smart energy appliances.
You will report to the central purchasing manager but do most of your work in close cooperation with sales, e-commerce and operations.
This role is for you if you’re an expert in sourcing and want to join a fast growing area and expanding assortment. You’re really good with the details but also have a heart for a bigger strategy.
What you do?
- Work in the purchasing team together with e-commerce specialist, supply chain operations and cross functional with marketing and finance.
- Take responsible for the sourcing and budget of your categories
- Plan and execute improvements in-house and at supplier
- Lead the categories from a purchasing perspective, designing & executing strategy
- Get your hands dirty with operations, buying, customs handling and problem solving
Who you are?
- Entrepreneurial and can do it all mindset
- Well experienced in FMCG, SOA agreements and global sourcing
- Minimum 3 years experience in retail
- Relevant educational background
- Open to take on new challenges
- An interest in gadgets and electronics, it's strongly meritorious if you've sourced electronics before
What we offer:
- A scaleup journey of a lifetime
- A chance to being part of disrupting an industry
- A place where you'll meet friends for life
- A story to tell your grandkids
The Tibber Mindset
Being on a mission to fundamentally change an industry as we do also means being prepared for the unexpected. Tibber is a startup in the true sense of the word which means we're on a journey of constant change. We do what others say can’t be done, try and fail together but never lose sight of our users. We work passionately with sustainability and a circular approach, both with our own products and in the entire ecosystem that is affected by everything we do. The majority of our investors are proudly represented by Tibber employees, Eight Roads Ventures, Balderton Capital & Silicon Valley-based Founders Fund.
Join our Tibber Tribe, it will be an adventure!
Please send in your application as soon as possible as we're reviewing continuously. If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact Purchasing manager Johan Pistone (firstname.lastname@example.org)