Hi there, hey, hello!…
We are Tibber, the energy company that wants you to use less energy. Whaaat? That’s right. By definition an energy company, but we’re dedicated to developing products and solutions that can help you use energy in a smarter way. Our main goal is to empower people, and to reduce the amount of energy being used unnecessarily all around the globe – with the help of cool fancy tech. Good for our customers, their wallets, and the planet.
What the role entails
We are now looking for a passionate and experienced platform engineer to help us on our continued journey and growth within the House of Engineering. Within this area we are focused on developing an experience that puts our engineers first and propels our tech stack towards a more scalable and sustainable future.
As a platform engineer at Tibber, you will use your expertise to drive new ideas, initiatives, and their implementation to help us achieve an awesome developer experience!
The platform team is all about optimising our engineering experience, leveraging smarter tooling and better practices to reach new heights of engineering productivity, allowing our engineers to solve harder problems easier and with less effort.
This is you!
- You care about the developer experience, agile software practices and conscious experimentation
- You have a strong engineering background and keep yourself familiar with industry trends and product offerings and can understand trade-offs to solutions
- You possess knowledge and experience with AWS
- You have used a Docker orchestration tool (ECS, EKS, AWS Fargate, Swarm, etc) and written Terraform code
- You have experience setting up and optimising CI/CD tools for developer experience and some prior experience with different integration providers and deployment strategies
- You know how to write code in a high level programming language such as c# or typescript
- You have used monitoring and observability systems
- You have prior experience evolving and maintaining an engineering portal
- You feel passionately about ensuring our developers have the right tools, processes, and environment to maximise productivity and allowing them to create the greatest business value possible.
What you will do:
- Provide productivity tools and services for developers.
- Partner with development teams to improve our internal developer portal. Our portal is based on the open source project Backstage.io and we contribute back to the open source community
- Create automation and tools that drive reuse and high maintainability.
- Gather and evaluate productivity metrics from systems, services and teams to assist in increasing developer experience and engineering productivity.
- Evangelise engineering best practices and grow the technical skills of the team
The Tibber team is growing in a fast pace! Our offices are located in Stockholm, Helsinki, Berlin and Førde. For us it is not an issue being in different workspaces physically, we are always connected through live streaming screens. Annually though, we do gather together physically doing a pop-up office – to work, explore a new city and spend time together.
We work passionately with sustainability and a circular approach, both with our own products and in the entire ecosystem that is affected with everything we do.
Aside from making the world a better place within serious matters as green energy and sustainability, we are playful as well! Take a closer look at our own product Tibber Pulse, and you’ll find both Han Solo, Chewbacca and our names on the PCB. We know, it might be looked upon as both nerdy and cheesy – but we love it! We have a “no shoe” policy at the office which enhance the feeling of coming home, but also result in a great opportunity when it comes to showing off your slipper fashion range. We believe creative people work better without shoes. The well known facts that all people are different, and far from everyone is a morning person – are the very reasons why we work with flexible work hours.
We are very proud of being a mission driven startup with thousands and thousands of new users every month.
Join our Tibber Tribe, it will be an adventure!