Hi there, hey, hello!
We are Tibber, the energy company that wants you to use less energy. Whaaat? That’s right. We’ll get back to that. Yes, we are by definition an energy company, but we’re more techy than most. How and why you might ask. Well, a third of our employees are actually working on developing products and solutions that can help you use energy in a smarter way. Our main goal is to empower people, and to reduce the amount of energy being used unnecessarily all around the globe – with the help of cool fancy tech. Good for our customers, their wallets, and the planet.
Our growth rate has been truly amazing, and still, we’re just getting started. With hundreds of thousands of controllable and smart devices connected to the Tibber platform (like electric vehicles and smart thermostats), we have one of the most unique and flexible consumption portfolios trading energy and flexibility on the market.
We’re now looking for a Senior Product Designer! Could you be the next adventurer to join our team?
About the Job
You will join Tibber in a really exciting time! We're growing in every possible area. As a product designer, you will get to work on a broad range of design challenges within the product life-cycle in close collaboration with engineering, product, product specialists, and in conjunction with other product design colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Actively support and contribute to build, maintain and evolve our design systems.
- You’ll be part of a cross functional team and together you’ll research, design and build high quality solutions for your team's domain.
- Work with visual elements such as images, Illustrations, icons, and typography.
- You'll produce wireframes, concepts and prototypes.
- You can identify the need for user research, can plan, conduct and synthesize your research and usability test findings. You can use research findings to ensure our design meets business and user needs as well as validating (or disproving) our assumptions.
- You are able to accept and resolve design critique gracefully.
- You can comfortably present and communicate your design choices with your team and other designers and seek feedback.
- Work hands-on with crafting implementation-ready designs and get into the details about interaction and UI design choices.
Who you are
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of product development principles (viability, desirability and feasibility) and interaction design principles (consistency, affordance, learnability, predictability, feedback etc) and their unification as part of the design process.
- You are driven by a user-centric approach and see problem-solving as a core pillar of design.
- You're experienced in collaborating and implementing designs with developers and work as a team together.
- You enjoy the creational part of the design and have a passion for drilling down into the details.
- You have great communication skills and you want to learn about the energy industry.
- You are a team player who knows the value of collaboration and enjoys the process of searching for the best possible solution with your team.
- Well-versed in Figma and know how to work with components and variants in a design system. You have a solid understanding of other Adobe design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You constantly raise the bar, taking responsibility for the quality of your own work and driving quality in others.
The Tibber Mindset
Being on a mission to fundamentally change an industry also means being prepared for the unexpected. Tibber is a startup in the true sense of the word, which means we're on a journey of constant change ourselves. We work passionately with sustainability and a circular approach, both with our own products and in the entire ecosystem that is affected by everything we do. The well-known fact that all people are different, and far from everyone is a morning person – are the very reasons why we choose to work with flexible work hours.
Starting out with two passionate founders in 2016, we're now 180+ people working for Tibber in our offices in Stockholm, Førde, Berlin, Amsterdam and Helsinki, and with that very number growing each week, we’re still just getting started. Through 2022 we will expand to new markets, and we are thrilled to be backed by investors like Balderton Capital, Eight Roads Ventures, Founders Fund, and Schibsted.
Join our Tibber Tribe, it will be an adventure!
If you have any questions regarding the position, you can reach out to Bipasha Haider at firstname.lastname@example.org.