We are Tibber - the first fully digital energy company in the world. We empower you to take charge of your energy consumption by providing you with a beautiful app where insights and powerful smart home experiences are combined to help you use less energy. At the core of our offering is something as simple as a business model focused on helping you and the planet, not us or greedy investors.
The Tibber team now includes more than 130 members located in Stockholm (Sweden), Helsinki (Finland), Berlin (Germany), Førde (Norway), and Amsterdam (The Netherlands), with energy operations available in Sweden, Norway, Germany, and later in 2021 - the Netherlands. We’re confident we are not only the digital energy company of the future - we’re the energy company of today.
About the job
We are now looking for a passionate and experienced engineering manager to help us on our continued journey and growth within the House of Product. Within this area, we are focused on developing world-class products that put our users first and propels our society towards a more sustainable and smart energy future.
As an engineering manager at Tibber, you will lead, be the manager of and apply servant leadership to the engineers in one or more of our Chapters (domain expertise area). You will also be part of a Squad (mission-driven teams) that you can call home where you get to practice technical leadership and agile delivery.
Here's a GIF that tries to explain the Engineering Managers' dilemma and how we at Tibber see this role being awesome by consciously and thoughtfully balancing this and growing within the role:
This is you!
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great tech and products
- You can facilitate and drive technical delivery whether it's architectural alignment or individually contributing to the solution
- Have a proven track record of building and cultivating a strong engineering culture through servant leadership in an agile environment
- Care about the developer experience, agile software practices, and conscious experimentation
- You have a strong engineering background and keep yourself familiar with industry trends and product offerings and can understand trade-offs to solutions
What you'll do
- You will build and lead a group of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development
- Be a partner-in-crime with the product manager in your home squad by hands-on contributing and driving the technical delivery and strategy to your reaching your mission
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers for solutions getting us closer to our mission
- Build and cultivate a healthy, transparent, and open engineering culture that's inclusive and really fun to work in
- Evangelize engineering best practices and grow the technical competence of the team
The Tibber Mindset
Being on a mission to fundamentally change an industry as we do also means being prepared for the unexpected. Tibber is a startup in the true sense of the word which means we are on a journey of constant change. We do what others say can’t be done, try and fail together but never lose sight of our users.
We work passionately with sustainability and a circular approach, both with our own products and in the entire ecosystem that is affected by everything we do.
We're very proud of being a mission-driven startup with thousands and thousands of new users every month. The majority of our investors are proudly represented by Tibber employees, Silicon Valley-based Founders Fund, Eight Roads, Balderton Capital, Ventures, the entrepreneur Petter Stordalen – and more.
If you have any questions, contact Michaela Holmström at firstname.lastname@example.org